Any minor imperfections, slight nuances, and variations in color are typical characteristics that identify the leather product as natural. This is a delicate article so we recommend avoiding contact with water and grease. To maintain the best appearance of your shoes, remember to protect your new purchase with protector cream or spray. There may be a slight release of color on contact with other, light-colored, items of clothing or details. The product should be stored in its original packaging or dustbag away from light, heat and radical temperature changes. Try not to trek through snow or puddles in your beautiful shoes. But if you can’t avoid it, try to plan ahead and have them sprayed with a protectant. A leather shoe is never waterproof, therefore excess rain or dampness can ruin the shoes.
Leather-soled shoes should be re-soled after light wear, once the leather has adapted to the shape of the foot and before the pattern on the sole wears out. Check the condition of your leather soles regularly so that excess wear does not damage the construction of the shoe. Clean the leather soles with bamboo lotion. We strongly recommend you to consult a professional in leather care or a shoe mender for specific care advice.
Heel top pieces should be replaced before they are worn down to 2mm width on any side. Never wear your heels down to the internal metal - you risk damaging the heel permanently.
- Prior to the first wear please fully spray all leather areas with a quality leather protector. After the shoe has dried, add another coating. If the shoe has any other materials or embellishments please cover them before spraying
- To lightly clean the surface of your shoes, wipe gently with a dry cloth to remove any dried-on dirt and dust. Then slightly dampen the cloth with warm water and wipe again. Allow leather to dry naturally, away from direct sunlight and direct heat sources (like heat vents) that can dry out the leather
- Use a high quality protect and care lotion
- Avoid liquid shoe polishes and silicone sprays
- Prior to the first wear please fully spray all suede areas with a quality suede protector. Then add another coating. If the shoe has any other materials or embellishments, please cover them before spraying
- To clean, use a rubber eraser or suede sponge to remove dirt and smudges. Then brush lightly with a soft brush specially for suede products
- If you brush in different directions, some suedes will give the appearance of being two different colours
- Never use a wire brush or polish on suede (NB. Some suede brushes do have wire in the centre which is specifically made for use on suede)
- Follow up with a protect and care suede lotion
Take special care of patent leather to avoid scratching the surface of your shiny shoes. Treat patent leather only with products that are designed for patent leather, to keep the surface elastic and glossy. Store the shoes individually in dust bag and away from dark color releasing materials.
- Use a soft damp cloth and a drop of mild soap to restore shine
- A patent leather protection mousse will return this leather’s special elasticity and gloss
- Do not use protective spray!
- Use a soft damp cloth to remove any dirt or dust
- Apply a metallic leather protection cream
- Please note that metallic finish is only a surface treatment and can wear of in the use
Cow hair, also known as pony hair, must be treated with good quality waterproofing protector spray before use. The protective coating makes it easier to remove any dust or dirt from the surface and it will make your shoes look like new for longer.
To keep your glitter shoes sparkling, we do not recommend to use any shoe care products for this textile based synthetic material.
To avoid any scratches or natural loss of glitter, please store the shoes individually in a dust bag. We do not recommend using glitter shoes in very wet weather. Please note that glitter finish is only a surface treatment and can wear off in the use.
Textile (and other synthetic materials)
Textile must be treated with protection spray before use.
The protective coating makes it easier to remove any dust or dirt from the surface and it will make your shoes look like new for longer.
- Prior to the first wear please fully spray all textile areas with a quality textile protector. Then add another coating. If the shoe has any other materials or embellishments, please cover them before spraying
- To remove dirt, wipe gently with a foaming cleaner on a cloth and rub in circular motions to remove stains and dirt
- Place a small cotton towel firmly inside the shoes to absorb moisture. Change it after 1 hour – then leave to dry
FurWe do not recommend to use any protectors on the pompom fur-details.
If your shoes get caught in rain, let the fur dry and after it is dry, gently brush it to fluff the fur.